Read what our clients say about us.
- Catherine T. I had a wonderful experience with my attorney. She explained everything to me on what to expect from her and what she could do for me. She kept me. › continue
- Darrell H. Mr. Symonds, and all staff that I worked with at Dell & Shaefer, were professional in every aspect throughout the process of filing for a contested. › continue
- Robin B. I could not be happier with the service and dedication I received from Mr. Jessup and his team regarding my Long Term Disability from my employer. If. › continue
Helping the Disabled Since 1979
Our nationwide disability insurance attorneys have represented thousands of disabled claimants with their claims for either short term disability, long term disability, or long-term care benefits against every major disability insurance company.
Our disability lawyers represent claimants nationwide and we file more than 99% of our disability lawsuits in Federal Courts located throughout the country.
Download our free ebook Whatever It Takes to learn more about disability insurance claims.
We offer flexible attorney fee options and are committed to providing outstanding service to each client. Regular communication with our clients and enforcing timely payment of disability benefits is our priority.
We Have Earned A National Reputation
Our law firm has a national reputation in the field of disability insurance law and we have received the highest level of recognition from the nation’s leading legal peer review services.
We are authors of a chapter on disability insurance law in a Westlaw Insurance Law Text Book and we are routinely invited as disability experts to lecture on the topic of disability insurance claims. We have appeared on numerous national radio shows, published numerous disability articles and often relied upon by national media outlets to provide commentary on disability insurance issues.
We are the creators of Disability Law TV and have produced over 175 disability insurance claim videos which can be viewed throughout our website and on YouTube.
We invite you to learn more about us and we look forward to the opportunity to assist you in navigating through the various issues that need to be considered when selecting a disability attorney to handle a claim for disability insurance benefits.
We represent claimants at all stages of a claim for disability income benefits, which includes the disability application process, monthly claim handling, denial of disability benefits, ERISA appeals, lawsuits to recover disability benefits and lump sum policy buyouts for individuals that are currently being paid disability income benefits. We always offer a free consultation.
Why Do You Need A Disability Attorney?
Disability income policies are drafted with ambiguous and confusing contractual terms. This provides disability insurance companies with multiple reasons for delaying and denying disability income benefits.
Many years of handling complex disability insurance issues against every major disability insurance company has given us the unique knowledge, litigation skills and trial strategies necessary to help our clients obtain disability benefits and monetary damages for wrongful disability income claim denials.
As a nationwide disability insurance law firm we have represented thousands of disability claimants throughout the country. We invite you to learn more about disability insurance claims in your state.
Two Disability Attorneys For Your Case
On every case we handle we believe in a team approach, which means that your case will be assigned to two long term disability attorneys and a paralegal. Long-term disability cases are challenging, and we believe it is important for your case to have input from multiple Dell Schaefer disability lawyers.
Extensive Disability Law Resource
Throughout our website you will find an overwhelming amount of helpful information about disability insurance claims. On our Free Disability Information page you can review a detailed description of the extensive disability resources that we offer. We track every disability insurance company on a daily basis in order to keep up with their latest tactics and lawsuits around the country.
We have designed our site to be interactive so that disability claimants can either post comments about their disability insurance experience or ask general questions about disability insurance claims. Our disability lawyers respond on a daily basis to most comments.
The Frequently Asked Questions and Disabling Conditions sections of our site offer some of our most popular content.
Disability Insurance Videos
On a regular basis we film and add new videos related to long term disability insurance claims. Throughout our website you will find custom videos about our disability claim legal services, frequently asked questions, specific disability insurance companies, and disability company claims handling practices such as video surveillance, IME exams, and claimant interview request.
Disability Insurance Law TV is a video series dedicated to discussing all issues related to disability insurance claims.
Free Legal Consultation Request
We encourage you to contact us if you are considering applying for disability income benefits, have been denied total or partial disability benefits, or are interested in approaching your insurance carrier about a lump-sum buy-out of your disability income policy.
Disability Insurance News
Ask, Comment or Learn
Read and / or post a public comment. Our attorneys respond daily.
- Jun 8, 2017 Rudy, although it does not seem to make any sense – unfortunately, yes – if the carrier had a doctor determine you could. › continue
- Jun 8, 2017 Shobian, I am sorry for your loss. It would make sense to continue the appeal process. However, if the denial is stretching. › continue
- Jun 8, 2017 Maria, so MetLife denied the mental health claim as well? That would not make sense unless they determined he was not. › continue
- Jun 8, 2017 Pete, there is no definitive answer to that question as the facts and circumstances of each claim can dictate activity. › continue
- Jun 7, 2017 I’ve been on long term for the last two years due to having 2 shoulder surgeries (Sept 28 2015 and Oct 21, 2016), now I’m. › continue
- Jun 6, 2017 My mother passed away april 17. She was since appealing her denied wavier of premium for her life insurance, she was not. › continue
- Jun 6, 2017 D.Watts, as it relates to the actual testing, it will most likely be very similar, if not the same. The only difference may. › continue
- Jun 6, 2017 Coco, “Rental income” is typically not deemed as a source of Income that would be subject to an offset under an employer. › continue
- Jun 6, 2017 David, if the SSA deems you to no longer be disabled, then it could prompt Standard to conduct a review to determine. › continue
- Jun 6, 2017 “Waiting Patiently”, Liberty Mutual is not known for offering a large amount of lump sum buyouts, but they do negotiate -. › continue
- Jun 6, 2017 Eric, you certainly can. We have used “day in the life” videos of clients to submit to an insurance carrier. It will all. › continue
- Jun 6, 2017 My husband is out of work on FMLA for mental health reasons. Metlife paid him for the beginning of the claim. They then. › continue
- Jun 6, 2017 Am I allowed to play golf using a car while on disability? I have numerous uncurable illnesses: liver transplant, chronic. › continue
- Jun 5, 2017 1 of the most difficult companies to work with. They requested extra notes from my surgeon’s office, they got their extra. › continue
- Jun 5, 2017 This will not be my first fce. I’d had mulitple surgeries on my knee from a fall at work ,my job has already asked my to. › continue
Speak With an Attorney Now
Request a free consultation or call (800) 682-8331 now.
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
If you are considering applying for disability income benefits, have been denied total or partial disability benefits, or are interested in approaching your insurance carrier about a lump-sum buy-out of your disability income policy call (800) 682-8331 for a free consultation with an attorney or use our online form to request a legal consultation. We offer no fee or cost unless you get paid.
Attorneys Dell & Schaefer. All rights reserved. Main Office: Hollywood